South Carolina Federation of Museums 2018 Conference
NOW ACCEPTING PROPOSALS
Small Museums...Large Impact
Oconee County, SC March 21-23, 2018
Registration Opens January 5th
This year we are talking about the different ways small museums and other small cultural institutions impact their communities. We would love for sessions to fit this theme. Priority will be given to session proposals within one of these categories.
- How has your small museum impacted your community?
- What successes have you had working with a small budget?
- Have you found resources that work well for a small museum?
- Have you collaborated with local governments or institutions?
- As a larger museum, what ideas and resources can you share that would help small museums?
Ways to Get Involved:
- Apply for an Annual Scholarship to the SCFM 2018 Conference
- Nominate your Favorite Museum by downloading the Awards Nomination Form *Deadline TBA
- Find out everything you need to know about becoming an Exhibitor - Exhibitor Information
- Find out everything you need to know about becoming a Sponsor- Sponsorship Information
- Participate in the White Gloves Gang and help a local museum preserve their collection- Volunteer Application
- Donate to the SCFM Conference Silent Auction
- Be a conference intern! Find out more
SCFM Annual Conference- Silent Auction:
It's not too early to think about what you can donate for SCFM's Annual Conference Silent Auction. We're looking for items that Celebrate Carolina Culture and bring in the $$$ - remember every dollar raised helps fund Annual Conference Scholarships, so think big!
Each year SCFM is pleased to fund Christopher T. Loeblein Annual Scholarship with money raised during the Silent Auction. These scholarships help honor Mr. Loeblein's support of the development of emerging museum professionals and allow those who may not otherwise be able to do so attend SCFM's Annual Conference and become SCFM members.
Past auction items that have done well include pottery, art and - everyone's favorite - museum supplies!
SCFM Awards Program:
The South Carolina Federation of Museums Awards Program was established in 1990 to recognize the outstanding achievements of museums, museum professionals, and supporters in South Carolina. The South Carolina Federation of Museums offers the following awards:
- Award of Achievement
- SCFM Professional Service Award
- Certificate of Special Recognition
- Jill Beute Koverman Award
Please consider nominating an institution or individual who has contributed to the growth and success of our state's museums for recognition by SCFM. Deadline to submit coming soon.
There are many reasons to be an exhibitor at the SCFM Conference!
- Meet professionals from a diverse community of museums and historic sites in South Carolina.
- Educate decision-makers on how your products and services can help advance their common goals.
- Create new partnerships and strengthen existing relationships
We invite you to consider supporting SCFM’s annual conference. Your support of our conference allows us to grow the organization and promote strong relationships between SC museums and other culture institutions within SCFM. We have several opportunities for you to consider listed below that help make our conference a success.
SCFM Conference Archive:
The SCFM Conference has been around for over 40 years! Step back in time and revisit some of our past events.
Do you have photos from past SCFM Conferences to share?
Please send them to email@example.com