South Carolina Federation of Museums 2018 Conference
Small Museums...Large Impact
Oconee County, SC March 21-23, 2018
Registration Now Open
Early Bird Registration Closes February 6th
SCROLL DOWN FOR HOTELS
Mail-in registration: 2018 SCFM Registration
This year we are talking about the different ways small museums and other small cultural institutions impact their communities.
- How has your small museum impacted your community?
- What successes have you had working with a small budget?
- Have you found resources that work well for a small museum?
- Have you collaborated with local governments or institutions?
- As a larger museum, what ideas and resources can you share that would help small museums?
Ways to Get Involved:
- Nominate your Favorite Museum by downloading the Awards Nomination Form
- Participate in the White Gloves Gang and help a local museum preserve their collection- Volunteer Application
- Find out everything you need to know about becoming a Sponsor- Sponsorship Information
- Donate to the SCFM Conference Silent Auction
- Submit an application for the Christopher T. Loeblein Annual Scholarship - DEADLINE TO APPLY IS CLOSE OF BUSINESS FEB. 16
THANK YOU, SPONSORS!
A big "Thank you" to our Title Sponsor, Oconee County
And all our other sponsors:
Lake Hartwell Country
UpCountry South Carolina
The Airey Law Firm
Wright Foundation for Southern Art
City of Walhalla
City of Seneca
SCFM Annual Conference- Silent Auction:
It's not too early to think about what you can donate for SCFM's Annual Conference Silent Auction. We're looking for items that Celebrate Carolina Culture and bring in the $$$ - remember every dollar raised helps fund Annual Conference Scholarships, so think big!
Each year SCFM is pleased to fund a limited number of Christopher T. Loeblein Annual Scholarships with money raised during the Silent Auction.
Past auction items that have done well include pottery, art and - everyone's favorite - museum supplies!
SCFM Awards Program:
The South Carolina Federation of Museums Awards Program was established in 1990 to recognize the outstanding achievements of museums, museum professionals, and supporters in South Carolina. The South Carolina Federation of Museums offers the following awards:
- Award of Achievement
- SCFM Professional Service Award
- Certificate of Special Recognition
- Jill Beute Koverman Award
Please consider nominating an institution or individual who has contributed to the growth and success of our state's museums for recognition by SCFM. Deadline for nomination is February 16, 2018.
Host Hotel Information:
Best Western Executive Inn
511 Bypass Highway 123 Seneca, South Carolina 29678 (864) 886-9646
Rooms: $79.99 + tax for King, $89.99 + tax for Double. The group rate is available until March 10, 2018. Mention you’re with the “SC Federation of Museums Conference” when making your reservation in order to receive this pricing.
Quality Inn - 226 Hi-Tech Rd Seneca, SC 29678 Phone: (864) 888-8300
Hampton Inn & Suites - 1011 E. North 1st St. Seneca, SC 29678 Phone: (864) 482-2900
We invite you to consider supporting SCFM’s annual conference. Your support of our conference allows us to grow the organization and promote strong relationships between SC museums and other cultural institutions within SCFM.
SCFM Conference Archive:
The SCFM Conference has been around for over 40 years! Step back in time and revisit some of our past events.
Do you have photos from past SCFM Conferences to share?
Please send them to email@example.com