The SCFM White Gloves Gang Needs You!
The SCFM White Glove Gang assists South Carolina museums and cultural organizations with collections care projects through a day of hands-on volunteer service.
• Making padded hangers for textiles
• Adding protective archival barriers to exhibition display cases
• Completing collection inventories
• Object numbering
• Storage projects including re-housing of objects into archival boxes
• Cleaning Plexiglas cases and other exhibition furniture
• Assisting the archival processing and data entry
Read the testimonial from the Marion County Museum!
The SCFM White Gloves Gang is always adding new members to its volunteer pool! WGG Projects will be announced throughout the year (including a project at each SCFM Annual Meeting) and WGG volunteers will be contacted to see who might be available to help. Space is usually limited to 10 volunteers per project. Projects typically last from 9am-4pm. Lunch for volunteers is included in all WGG projects as is the satisfaction of volunteering your time and talents for a day of hands-on collection care projects, fellowship and fun. Collections experience is a plus but not required; we are happy to train anyone who wants to help!
If you have questions or are interested in joining the SCFM White Gloves Gang Volunteer pool, please fill out the WGG Volunteer Application and return to: Zinnia Willits, SCFM-WGG Coordinator, c/o Gibbes Museum of Art 135 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29401 or email to email@example.com